|More Journal Entries|
As the name says, this group is about arctic dog breeds. Mix-breeds that are related to arctic dogs are also accepted. If you love these beautiful dogs, you have one or you simply enjoy making and/or watching art about them, come and join us!
What are arctic dogs?
With "arctic dogs" we mean following breeds:
- Siberian Husky
- Alaskan Husky
- Alaskan Malamute
- Greenland Dog
- Canadian Eskimo Dog
- Northern Inuit Dog
- Seppala Siberian Sleddog
- Laika breeds
- Mackenzie River Husky
- Labrador Husky
- Sakhalin Husky
- Alaskan Klee Kai
- American Eskimo Dog
- Tamaskan Dog
- Finnish and Swedish Lapphunds
- Lapponian Herder
- Karelian Bear Dog
- Norwegian Elkhound
- Norwegian Buhund
- Jämthund / Swedish Elkhound
- Finnish Spitz
- Czechoslovakian Wolfdog
- Icelandic Sheepdog
- Akita inu
- Shiba inu
- Saarloos wolfhound
- Tibetan Mastiff
- Schipperke (work-type dogs preferred)
- Chow (work-type dogs preferred)
- Mix-breeds that are related to arctic dogs
- Tahltan Bear Dog (extinct)
If you think there's a breed that should be here on the list, send a note or write a comment. You can read here arctic-dogs.deviantart.com/blo… about what kind of dogs get into our breed selection.
Notice: Wolves and foxes, whether they are arctic or not, are not accepted in this group. However, we do accept some wolf-dog hybrids (aka wolfdogs), especially if they are mixes of a wolf and some arctic dog breed.
Rules of the group
- Anyone can join the group! Just click the "Join our group" on the front page. All the join requests are automatically approved. But if you don't want to be a member, you can simply add the group to your devWatch - in this case you can't submit art to our gallery.
- The art that you add to the group must have something to do with arctic dogs. The media can be whatever you want: photography, traditional art, digital art, literature...
- Remember to choose the right folder! If you're unsure or you think there should be a specific folder, send a note or write a comment.
- The folders are divided by the dog breeds (except for the Literature folder). There is a list of breeds on the left side of each folder - you can check from there whether you are choosing the right place for your art. You can also see more info about the folders here arctic-dogs.deviantart.com/blo…
*Featured isn't open for members. The admins will choose the pictures which will be seen in this folder.
- Make sure that the art you add here is your own! If you try to submit someone else's artwork, you will be kicked out of the group immediately.
- We do not accept WIPs / unfinished works and pictures that are so messy or unfocused that it's hard to say what there is.
- The submission limit is 5 pictures a day per deviant.
- Respect other artists and their art work! We do not accept nasty / harassing comments and rude behaviour. We want that every one can enjoy being a part of our group so if you think that you and your art have been insulted by a member of our group, please, send us a note.
- Favourites: Anyone can suggest favourites! By suggesting you'll help us with running this group and you'll promote other artists' artwork. Members can suggest 5 faves a day, non-members 3 faves a day. But please, do not suggest your own deviations! Promoting your own work is not the idea of dA's faving system.
I hope that you have fun here! If you have any questions, just ask us.